Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Upswing

Well. Things have generally gotten better around here. The stinkbugs are slowly disappearing and my migraine finally went away after four days and as many injections of Immitrex. I'm on a wine and cheese free diet for awhile until I'm sure it's gone or we get confirmation of our health insurance, whichever comes first. We did a budget to figure out how much suffering we'll be doing working for the government and it turns out it won't hurt that much after all. Except for the lack of a dishwasher. That hurts plenty. But I'll still be able to get a pair of shoes now and again, and I think I will likely need special shoes for handwashing dishes in. Like a cute apple green flat to complement the pink kitchen. Or something. I uh, really haven't given it much thought.

I started my new job as library volunteer at the kids' elementary school today. I love it. Shelving books appeals to my sense of order and hanging with kids and helping them find good books to read is a blast. The library is huge and beautiful and crammed with books. It's open all day and kids in the upper grades are allowed to pop in anytime to get new books, as often as they like. There is a fair amount of squatting to put the books on the lower shelves, which kills my crap knee, but it's not too bad. The only thing I would change for next time is I probably won't wear low-rise jeans.

No comments: