Saturday, October 16, 2010

And another thing, what's with all the stink bugs?

Been doing a little decorating.  How do you like my new wallpaper?  If I could just get a cleaner to come clean up some of the language on here, things would really be looking sharp.  Other than getting some $7/gallon milk and picking up my kids from school yesterday after their bus was 45 minutes late (and no, the school didn't call me, I had to call them to find out where my kids were), I haven't left the house for five days.  My instinct is to whine about how I've been sick and had a two day migraine and the dog digs in the mud every day and gets it all over the house and blahblahblah, but I'm going to take the high road and keep my complaints to myself.  You're welcome.

We've been having sort of a "what have we done?" week.  We just found out we have no health insurance, although the paperwork was submitted weeks ago and we were assured it was a done deal.  I've told the kids they are not to leave the house and especially to stop climbing the trees until this gets sorted out.  Since Grace gets stuck and needs help out of the tree as soon as she's 10 inches off the ground, everybody wins with this policy.  Also, the pay cut plus the cost of living here are starting to sting, just as the bills are starting to roll in from all the Rewarding Ourselves For Making it Through this Transition.  I have no idea what the new hires do that don't have any savings, because reimbursements take a looooooooooong time.  And did I mention that my kitchen doesn't have a dishwasher?  It doesn't.  Oops, now see what you made me do?  So much for the high road.

No comments: