Monday, March 19, 2012

Germs. It's What's for Dinner.

I have some pics from our weekend to post later, but I just thought I'd pop in for a minute to describe a scene I just witnessed.  Grace is home sick from school today, and she was feverishly sleeping on the couch.  Henry walked in, took a long look at his XBox, looked at Grace on the couch, and walked over to her. I was in the hall, unobserved.  He bent down to her and whispered in her ear, "Grace." No response. He stroked her hair and picked up the water bottle on the table next to her. "Grace, honey, is this your water?"  A weak "yes" from her. He kissed her forehead, turned his back to her, and LICKED the mouth of the water bottle.

I swear if he comes down with whatever she has, the XBox will be under lock and key and he'll spend the whole time scrubbing the floor with his toothbrush.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Loved this. I actually had to read it aloud to my husband ... where he shook his head and said, "boys."

Awesome.

And love your new look!