Well, we survived New Year's eve. The kids all made it until midnight, for the first time ever. There was no barfing besides the dog, although Henry did run for the toilet at one point, but some deep breathing helped and he was okay. They did their little firework poppers and were asleep by 12:30. I cleaned up all the Christmas decorations and am ready to begin 2011. All over Facebook and the blogosphere people are putting their New Year's resolutions out there for all to see. I've decided that I'll play along, but I'm not signing this in blood or anything.
Kate's 11 goals for 2011:
1. Wear pants that button more times per week than I wear pants that pull on.
2. If I buy or bring something into the house, I have to get rid of three things.
3. Get in control of my control freakiness.
4. Go out in public to places other than the library, grocery store, or elementary school
5..Stop threatening to yell "I LOVE YOU! MAKE GOOD CHOICES!" when I drop Jack off at school if he doesn't say something nice to me before he gets out of the car (this may fall under #3).
6. Finish unpacking the rest of the moving boxes before we move to our first overseas post. Except, that would actually make more work for the movers, and I'm a giver, so maybe I won't unpack them.
7. Wear every pair of shoes I own or get rid of them. Except the really, really cute ones that are excruciating. Those pairs can stay. Maybe I'll make a shadow box for them, which brings me to my next goal.
8. Be craftier. No, scratch that. Crafting sucks.
9. Make the kids learn to wash dishes (see also, #3)
10. If I wear yoga pants all day, I have to actually DO yoga.
11. Play more games with the kids. Except board games, because I hate board games. But other games are okay, like "Discovering the Internet: Fun with Zappos" or "Who Can Clean the House the Fastest?" or my personal favorite, "Laundromat: The Game of Sorting and Folding."
So, there you have it. My list of fairly achievable goals. Wishing you, and you, and especially you, a joyful 2011.